Re: [AMBER] PES for dialanine

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:15:30 -0500

Hi,

What solvent model are you using? In simulations I have done and have seen
for various polyalanines (at least up to decaalanine) with a reasonable
solvent model and FF99SB, the most populated secondary structure type is
PP2, which agrees with expt.

On Thursday, January 12, 2012, Ye MEI <ymei.itcs.ecnu.edu.cn> wrote:
> Dear Amber community,
>
> Recently we plot the 2D potential energy surface of di-alanine spanned by
main chain torsions (phi and psi). The structures are optimized at
HF/6-31G* level, and the single point energies are calcualted at
MP2/aug-ccpvtz level. And It shows large difference from that of AMBER,
either 03 or 99SB. I put the PES on the web, you can download them from
> http://itcs.ecnu.edu.cn/ymei/03_total_PES.pdf
> http://itcs.ecnu.edu.cn/ymei/99SB_total_PES.pdf
> http://itcs.ecnu.edu.cn/ymei/MP2_total.pdf
>
> The main difference is located at phi around 70 degree, and psi between
-150 and 50 degree. Has Amber force field been manually optimized,
especially to reduce the population of left-handed alpha helix? If I use
the MP2 PES in MD simulation of triAlanine, I get large population of
left-handed alpha helix, which seems to be against the experiment.