Re: [AMBER] closest water

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:21:16 -0500

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
> I've checked the AmberTools manual for the ptraj action command "closest".
>
> My question is whether there is a distance cutoff between the residues specified in the mask and the first atom in the solvent molecule.

The 'closest' command doesn't use any cutoff, it modifies the
coordinate frame to include the closest # of specified waters no
matter how far away they are.

> A related question is whether there is a way to work out the -per frame - number of solvent molecules buried in the binding site of a receptor/ligand complex in the course of trajectory.

I don't think so, not directly at least. You *might* be able to glean
similar information using the watershell command with an appropriate
mask and distance cutoffs, but you'd have to be careful not to
over-interpret the results.

-Dan