Re: [AMBER] antechamber parameter file issues?

From: Thomas Pochapsky <pochapsk.brandeis.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:55:24 -0500

Thanks to Ben for your help; antechamber in AmberTools 1.5 is running fine, the sustiva example works. Now I am trying to get it to work for my molecule. I am trying to parameterize a macrocyclic lactone antibiotic for Leap, and based on the ATOMTYPE.INF file, the atoms are being identified and bonded correctly, but the antechamber run fails at the sqm step. sqm.out says that there is no convergence in SCF after 1000 steps.

So I guess I have several questions that I couldn't find answers for from the manual or paper.

1) "Bond types are assigned for valence state 14 with a penalty of 2. " From Fig. 5 in the paper, penalty of 2 looks good, but I couldn't figure out where the value of 14 comes from (formula is C37 H59 O11 N).

2) Atoms in the macrolactone ring are not identified as being in a ring, I assume this was because rings are only 3,4,5 and 6 member?

3) Can I increase the number of steps in the SCF run to see if that gives convergence? Failing that, can I force output of a .mol2 file to see where the problems lie, or this info in one of the files I already get?

Thanks again,

Tom Pochapsky