Re: [AMBER] i7 extreme for Amber GPU computing?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:51:29 +0100

Thanks, Ross. You basically say that while the pmemd.cuda CPU process is
waiting for I/O, it has 100 % CPU usage. I am wondering about this, just
out of curiosity: normally, if a process is waiting for I/O (from/to
sockets, filesystem, ...), it is kept idle and waiting for a signal to
handle. Is such an event-driven architechture not possible for
GPU-CPU-communication?

All the best,

Jan-Philip