Re: [AMBER] installation

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:51:01 -0500

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012, subrata paul wrote:

> I want to install amber 10 with amberTools1.5 in my desktop pc fedora15
> 64bit.
> 1. Is this possible to compile amber 10 with amberTools1.5 ?

Amber 10 should be in a directory tree headed by "amber10". Compile and
install that as usual, and put ".../amber10/bin" in your path.

AmberTools.15 will install in a directory tree headed by "amber11".
Compile and install as usual, set AMBERHOME to the amber11 directory, and
put ...amber11/bin in your PATH ahead of .../amber10/bin. In this way,
your path will see the AmberTools1.5 versions of the programs, but the
amber10 versions of sander and pmemd.

> 2. will 64bit fedora create problem?

I can't remember for sure. Just try it, or do a search at the Amber mailing
list archives (click on "mailing lists" at the Amber web page.

> 3. what are the bugfix i have to use amber 10 bugfix OR amberTools bugfix?

both.

...good luck....dac