Re: [AMBER] Which method is the best way to solve metalloprotein?MCPB or Only consider Electrostatic and VDW

From: JiYuan Liu <liujiyuan.nwsuaf.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:07:08 +0800

Hi Ben,

I used the command "antechamber -i ca.out -fi gout -o ca.prepin -fo
prepi -c resp -s 2 *-nc -2*" to rebuild ca.prepin of my ligand,I used
another command "prep2xml" to build the new calib.xml for my ligand,at
this moment I encountered a new small problem that it represented
excessed symbol &#x09 in the lines of the new calib.xml.I have attached
the log and output files after performed "prep2xml",Please have a look
for them.

Although I found the small problem in the above,I just delete the symbol
"&#x09" in the calib.xml and replaced the old calib.xml.Everything
looked fine when I performed "sh run.MCPB.csh",I found no difference at
3H68_OH_sidechain_opt.com and 3H68_OH_large_mk.com as before I used the
old wrong calib.xml,so I didn't recalculate the Side Chain Model
Optimization/Frequency Calculation and Large Model Charge
Calculation.Then I performed 5000 steps minimization and 10ps molecule
dynamics,the small molecule,two ZN2+ ions,and the around amino acids
which coordinates two ZN2+ were so stable.I need your help to give me a
judge whether my this solution is reasonable.

Best Regards
JiYuan

于 2011年12月31日 12:02, JiYuan Liu 写道:
> Hi Ben,
>
> I think that I must redo all the procedure of MCPB with the "-nc -2"
> flag set for the ligand,it would take me one or two weeks for the
> gaussian calculation,as soon as I get the results I will tell you at once.
>
> Happy New Year:-)
> JiYuan
>
> 于 2011年12月30日 23:20, Ben Roberts 写道:
>> On 30/12/2011, at 10:12 AM, JiYuan Liu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> When I used the wrong calib.xml to perform the minimization,I have done
>>> your suggestion,the step by step minimization is showed that the one of
>>> the metal ion ZN2+ have a large force to attract the furanic ring oxygen
>>> of the ligand,then the furanic ring was moved right and left until my
>>> ligand was deformed in that position.
>> And which components of the total potential energy are implicated here? The bonds? Angles? Torsions? Something else?

Jiyuan Liu
Key Laboratory of Plant Protection Resources and Pest Management,National Ministry of Education
Northwest A&F University
Yangling, Shaanxi
China 712100
Phone: 86-29-87092190