Re: [AMBER] installation error in AmberTools1.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:07:04 -0500

This means that the library necessary to link C and Fortran codes cannot be
found (libgfortran.a, libgfortran.so). This library _did_ exist for GCC
4.3 (which is the version of g++ you have), so something must be wrong with
your setup.

We need a little more information in order to help.

What version of Linux are you using? What does "gcc --version" and
"gfortran --version" return? How did you install your compilers?

All the best,
Jason

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I am trying to install AmberTools1.5 as per the instructions given in the
> manual. While running ./configure gnu on my linux 64 bit platform i am
> getting this error
> Validating the C++ compiler version:
> g++ -v
> The version is 4.3.5
> OK
>
> Testing the gfortran compiler:
> gfortran -O0 -o testp testp.f
> OK
>
> Testing mixed C/Fortran compilation:
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -c -o testp.c.o
> testp.c
> gfortran -O0 -c -o testp.f.o testp.f
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp testp.c.o
> testp.f.o -lgfortran
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortran
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> ./configure: 1874: ./testp: not found
> Error: Unable to compile mixed C/Fortran code.
> Please check your compiler settings and configure flags.
>

> I searched the archive for similar problems but that doesn't seem to solve
> the purpose. Can you suggest what's going wrong here?
>

> Asmita

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate