Re: [AMBER] MTK++ and MCPB patch released

From: Martin Peters <martin.b.peters.me.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:54:20 +0000

Hi JiYuan,

On 22 Dec 2011, at 14:06, JiYuan Liu wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I am sorry I could not clear express my mean about the parmtop of 3H68 in the previous emails,You may misunderstand my meaning.I would tell you this situation follow:
>
> Although MCPB can't get the correct metal center before change the lines of collection.cpp,I modified the bond information in 3H68_OH.leaprc and the residue name in 3H68_OH_mcpb.pdb by my hand,I ensured the correctness of them before I used tleap to generate the parmtop of 3H68.I think these two files make no difference as that you sent to me.
>
> Would you like to help me to do a test:you could use these files to generate the parmtop and inpcrd of 3H68_OH_mcpb.pdb,and you can use the min.in that in this attachment to run a short minimization,then you can see the structure of the small molecule change so worsely,this is my actual problem.

Yes, I can confirm that there is a problem with the ligand after minimization. Did you run minimization on the ligand by itself?

> Please tell me how to only recompile mtkpp.Could you tell me why I need to recalculate the Side Chain Model Optimization/Frequency Calculation and Large Model Charge Calculation after I changed the lines of collection.cpp follow your instruction.

cd $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/mtkpp
make ; make install

I didn't say you had to redo the side chain / freq calcs after the changes to collection.cpp but you may have to if the minimization doesn't work.

Look at the charges and other parameters in the prep file to see if they make sense. If you see problems it might be best to redo some steps after applying the patch.

Regards,
Martin