Re: [AMBER] mtkpp: parameters in metals.frcmod

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:03:11 -0500

Hi Patrick,

On 20/12/2011, at 11:59 p.m., Patrick G Blachly wrote:

> Where can I find a reference for the nonbonded parameters for Cu2+ and Ni2+ in the metals.frcmod in mtkpp? Are these parameters specific to AMBER force fields?

Can you tell us what parameters those are? The parameter information for metal ions in MTK++ is known to be incomplete, and in some cases incorrect, at the moment. This is a deficiency that our group is working on. If you supply the information that is in your metals.frcmod, we will perhaps be able to provide you with alternative values and references.

Regards,
Ben