Re: [AMBER] : Membrane Dynamics

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:37:27 +0100

Dear Albert,

If you follow previous threads regarding lipid simulations with Amber ff, you'll realize that some studies are done with the Gaff parameters available in the literature

However, as the gaff parameters have the problem of getting a gel-phase bilayer in pure npt sim, you'd need to run the simulations with namd and apply a surface tension.

Alternatively, you can use glycam for lipids as well. However same problem as with gaff and besides glycam uses a different 1-4 scaling factor than amber, so another level of complication.

To my knowledge, the only atomistic force field for lipids that reproduces nicely lipid properties in pure npt sims is the newest charmm ff.

The gaff parameters need some attention for further development to achieve stable npt simulations with lipids

Regards,
Vlad
---
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
MPI Muenster
Roentgenstrasse 20
48149 Muenster
Germany
Tel: +49-251-70365324
*** Sent from my Sony XPERIA ARC
*** Sorry for being short
*** Sorry for any errors
Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com> wrote:
GPCR simulation is a very hot topic nowadays. It is worth Amber
developer to do something towards this purpose.
I strongly suggest that the developer can consider the membrane system
builder, lipids forcefiled, relaxation protocol, ligand topology tools
during development. At least, cooperating with Desmond is also a good
choice since the system builder, lipids forcefiled and relaxation
protocol is good in Desmond. The only stuff is ligand topology and Amber
got such kind of tools to complement it.