Re: [AMBER] Problem with GDP parameters generation

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:09:42 +0100

Dear Neeru,

With Antechamber, I would first check if chemical equivalencing is
correctly applied; i.e. the charge values for chemical equivalent
atoms should be equivalenced (if you use the RESP program, this is
usually done during the charge fitting step). From the last examples I
saw it seems that chemical equivalencing is not handled by
Antechamber; this looks quite weired to me... If this is indeed
confirmed (check that carefully) my personal opinion is that this is
bad. Ante_R.E.D._2.0 . R.E.D. Server has been designed to correctly
handle chemical equivalencing for atoms and groups of atoms.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/popup/popanteredtopequiv.php

Another common problem with GMP, GDP, GTP etc... is that the entire
molecule is negatively charged and consequently the optimized geometry
obtained after geometry optimization and involved in charge derivation
is unlikely to be representative of the experimental conditions. An
alternative is to use the building block approach were the
conformation(s) of the different elementary constituents of GMP, GDP
and GTP involved in charge derivation are rigorously defined. R.E.D.
IV at R.E.D. Server does handle this building block approach and
potentially can generate any type of molecular fragment starting from
a whole molecule or a set of whole molecules.

Finally, we are developing a new feature in R.E.D. IV (it should be
available soon) where the molecular fragments are directly connected
by the R.E.D. program. Indeed, the LEaP program (i.e. t/xLEaP) is very
powerful, but has limitations (bugs) when one wishes to connect any
type of molecular fragments together.

So I would like to suggest you to use our tools .
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/; besides, the R.E.D. tools, a server
and a database you will find there many tutorials...

regards, Francois