Re: [AMBER] Need GDP parameters for ff03

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 08:43:11 -0500

there are few parameter sets with the same charge model as used in ff03.
The ff99SB protein force field uses the same charge model as ff94 (Cornell
et al) and is therefore likely to be compatible with a much broader set of
parameters for small molecules. ff99SB has also been shown in many
publications to perform better for proteins than does ff03.

be careful that you don't mix different charge models unless you are very
sure of what you are doing.