Re: [AMBER] which force field to choose for implicit solvent simulation?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:17:23 -0500

I think the combination of the igb=7 model (with appropriate radii) and the
ff99SB force field performs well for use of GB as a water model- but I
think there is little experience with GB as an implicit low dielectric
solvent. likewise, the peptide force fields themselves are really designed
for aqueous solvent.