Re: [AMBER] Adaptively Biased Molecular Dynamics

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 20:58:59 -0500

Yes, I was actually just looking at that part of the user guide, seems like
it is indeed the solution to the boundary problem. Thanks :)

I noticed also from this section the com(i1, i2, i3) style of syntax which
specifies a center of mass. I tried to use that in my mdin file, changing:

 variable
  type = DISTANCE
  i = (1, 5)
  min = 0.0
  max = 10.0
  resolution = 0.05
 end variable
end ncsu_abmd

 variable
  type = DISTANCE
  i = (com(1,2,3,4), com(5,6,7,8))
  min = 0.0
  max = 10.0
  resolution = 0.05
 end variable
end ncsu_abmd

but this throws an error claiming that it isn't happy about seeing a second
open-bracket in there. I tired square and curly brackets also, but to no
avail. Has anyone used center of masses with collective variables in
AMBER? I imagine it must be quite common?