Re: [AMBER] amber - TUTORIAL A9

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 15:02:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I want to know this data are about what step? Step 2? For reaching final
> conclusion in tutorial Step Free

yes, I think those are step 2 numbers, but they are just given to show the
format the script expects.

> I will do following steps: 1) For each
> step, I will calculate (DVDL complex - DVDL water). 2) I will obtain delta
> G each step using numerical integration. But I have not DVDL relating to
> lambda = 0 and 1. You mentioned “the parameter lambda was set to 0.1, 0.2,
> ..., 0.9”. You didn’t use lambda 0 and 1. Why? Also, you said “The
> trapezoid rule (values for &lambda=0 and 1 were linearly extrapolated from

You could run steps 1 and 3 at l=0, l=1 as well, but the softcore code
needs 0.01<lambda<0.99 for technical reasons. But as you can interpolate
between lambda-values, you can extrapolate out to lambda=0 or 1.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the