[AMBER] Calculation of free energy of solvation

From: M. Reza Ganjalikhany <ganjalikhany.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:29:05 -0800

Dear Amber users,

I want to investigate the effect of surface hydration on the active site
region of an enzyme at different temperatures.
I have already calculated free energy of hydration and also stability of
enzyme by MMPB/GB-SA.

I have a big challenge to calculate free energy of hydration *only at the
active site region of my enzyme .*
(The active site is covered by a solvent accessible lid).

So my question is:
How to calculate free energy of solvation for that mentioned part of a
protein?

I couldn't find any solution for my problem since MMPBSA claculates whole
free energy of solvation
 and mask is not defined for this type of calculation.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,