Re: [AMBER] question on antechamber generating parameters for a charged ligand

From: <fn1.rice.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:53:24 -0600

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

When I did not use the -nc option as follows,
antechamber -i GTG-align_h.pdb -fi pdb -o gtg.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -nc -s -2

Info: Bond types are assigned for valence state 5 with penalty of 1

Total number of electrons: 412; net charge: 0

Everything goes fine.

But when I included a -nc option as follows,
antechamber -i GTG-align_h.pdb -fi pdb -o gtg.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -nc 1 -s -2

Info: Bond types are assigned for valence state 5 with penalty of 1

Total number of electrons: 411; net charge: 1
INFO: Number of electrons is odd: 411
       Please check the total charge (-nc flag) and spin multiplicity (-m flag)
Error: cannot run "/opt/apps/amber/11/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out"
of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit

Since the charge is on the nitrogen atom, do i need to add some
special options?

Thanks!
Fengyun