[AMBER] AmberTools 1.5 compilation: Error importing cpinutil.py python modules! cpinutil will not work

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:27:22 +0100

Dear ambers,

I recently updated the operating system to openSUSE 12.1 and I am
recompiling AMBER 11 with AmberTools 1.5 ...
I decided to do it from scratch with all new bugfixes (the tree is clean).

After applying all bugfixes for AT (downloaded today), the compilation
of AT fails with the error:
./py_setup.sh
  Using AmberTools' python
Error importing cpinutil.py python modules! cpinutil will not work.
make[1]: *** [python] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/build-apps/amber/11-1.5/AmberTools/src/etc'
make: *** [serial] Error 2

I searched the archive and it seemed that other people went through
similar troubles ... however not exactly the same, as in those reported
cases the error either did not come during the AT compilation (but
rather after applying the python script before A11 compilation) or it
was accompanied by other errors. The solution proposed to start with a
clean tree does not apply to me as I did exactly that.

Is there a known fix for this error?

Architecture: x86_64 , AMD, gnu 4.6.2 (configure works just fine),
python 2.7.2

Thank you

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine