Re: [AMBER] dynamics of isotopically labelled proteins

From: Francesco Paesani <fpaesani.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:18:57 -0800

Hi Vaibhav,

You can actually study isotope effects with Amber using path-integral molecular dynamics, PIMD (see chapter 5 of the manual). You can also study KIE by combining PIMD and similar approaches with reactive "force fields" or QM/MM (see section 5.6 of the manual). We have studied quantum effects on both thermodynamic and kinetic properties of condensed phase systems using the methodologies described in the manual, eg: J. Phys. Chem. B 113, 5702 (2009), J. Chem. Theory Comp. 6, 2566 (2010).

I hope this can help.

Best wishes,
Francesco

Francesco Paesani, Ph.D.