Re: [AMBER] Differentially restraining backbone and sidechain atoms from Chamber generated prmtop

From: Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:52:51 +0000

Joshua Adelman wrote:

> However when I look at the prmtop file that Chamber generates, it fills the TREE_CHAIN_CLASSIFICATION section with BLA (this seems hardcoded in the chamber src), so the above group definitions don't work.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any suggested work-arounds to this issue? Any ideas would be most appreciated, especially since I'm new to the Amber ecosystem.

Dear Josh,

Yes, this is a shortfall in Chamber; it does not populate
TREE_CHAIN_CLASSIFICATION at all.

I will try, if I get time, to look into this; it may be possible to
implement the algorithm present in tleap's MarkSideChain() and
SetTreeType()functions in:

        AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap/unitio.c

using the information present in chamber's bonded_list within the molnt
module.

Regards,

Mark