[AMBER] Calculate charges using better method/basis set?

From: Ismail, Mohd F. <farid.ou.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 18:22:20 +0000

I am trying to simulate ions in bulk organic solvent. I use gaff for internal parameters. For charges, if I use bcc at first, but the density would not converge. When I use RED, the density is still about 3% higher.

Will it be alright if I use higher method or basis set to calculate the charges? I saw some documentation that gaff and amber use HF with 6-31g* for the parameters and charges.

I also check the trajectory, but there seems to be no 'stupid' conformation.