Re: [AMBER] Discrepancy of GBSA results

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:44:26 -0500

Did you compare the structures obtained with both methods ?

You mentioned that the GBSA energies are slightly different. What about
the rest of the energies ? If the final structures are different, then
total energy 'could' be different and all energy types also.

Adrian

On 11/12/11 10:20 AM, Anglea A. wrote:
> Hi All
> I run MD simulation of protein-ligand complex for 1ns. The system was initially equilibrated and minimized using CG and SD method.
> The calculation was re-done using the same conditions, except the system was minimized this time using TNCG method.
> The difference between the calculated GBSA energies for the two calculations was around 0.8 kcal/mol.
> Is that normal? and what the scientific reason behind it?
> Cheers

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                                  Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
                              roitberg.ufl.edu