Re: [AMBER] Problems of generating prmtop and inpcrd files for ligand-receptor with two Mg2+ ions --please help

From: Crystal.CHIA-YU Ku <crystal.chia.yu.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:47:51 -0800

Hi Case,

Thank you so much for your generous reply. I tried your methods,
however, depressingly, they could not work. I used the "-nc 1" to
tell antechamber this ligand has net charge 1. But antechamber failed
when going to sqm. Here is the error message:

Running: /home/crystal/amber11/bin/bondtype -j full -i
ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC0 -o ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC -f ac
Info: Bond types are assigned for valence state 1 with penalty of 1
Running: /home/crystal/amber11/bin/atomtype -i ANTECHAMBER_AC.AC0 -o
ANTECHAMBER_AC.AC -p gaff
Total number of electrons: 178; net charge: 1
Running: /home/crystal/amber11/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out
Error: cannot run "/home/crystal/amber11/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o
sqm.out" of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit

I checked the structure of the ligand, and realized the two oxygen of
phosphate group had no hydrogen. Besides, one oxygen should be double
bond. I do not know if no hydrogen on oxygen of phosphate caused the
problem of running antechamber, so I trid Chimera to add H. But
Chimera does not add H to these two oxygen. Do you know how I can add
H to these two oxygen atom?

I also followed the method provide by the link. Since my ff99SB uses
ions94.lib, so I change ions94.cmd. But after changing ions94.cmd and
typing "tleap -f ions94.cmd", xleap still fails to generate prmtop and
inpcrd. Here is the original script of ions94.cmd:

i = createAtom MG MG 2.0
set i element Mg
set i position { 0 0 0 }
r = createResidue MG2
add r i
MG2 = createUnit MG2
add MG2 r
saveOff MG2 ./ions94.lib

And this is the modified version, changing MG to Mg+:
i = createAtom Mg+ MG 2.0
set i element Mg
set i position { 0 0 0 }
r = createResidue MG2
add r i
MG2 = createUnit MG2
add MG2 r
saveOff MG2 ./ions94.lib

Do you know if there are other possible methods to solve this problem?
Thank you for your suggestions again.

Sincerely,

Crystal