Re: [AMBER] MN2+ ion protein can't be dealed with MCPB

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:24:14 -0500

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011, 刘吉元 wrote:

> I need to simulate a protein with two manganese ions,I have import the
> MN2+ parameters that download from
> www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber.Because in my situation the Mn2+
> is coordinated both to amino acid both to ligand,so I bond these atoms each
> other.

If you do that, you have to tell Amber what parameters to use for the new
bonds you have made.

> Could not find bond parameter for: O2 - MN
> Could not find bond parameter for: NA - MN

These sorts of messages mean that Amber doesn't know how to treat these bonds.
You will need to create a frcmod file that has that information. That is not
a trivial task, unless you are following a literature procedure where such
information might be available. There is no automated or general way in Amber
to handle transition metal ions.

....dac