Re: [AMBER] problem in solvation

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:54:29 -0500

By "not holding" do you mean it decreased during a constant pressure
simulation? I think that's quite common behavior since the water boxes
built by leap are generally quite low density (like 0.7 or something). An
initial and rapid increase in density (i.e. decrease in volume) is pretty
much par for the course with AMBER.

Brian

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Senthil Natesan <sen.natesan.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Jan-Philip,
>
> Thanks for the response. I visually inspected the system and side chain of
> one residue is almost
> out of the box.
>

> Senthil
>

> Huhu,
>
> just to be sure that this is not an "issue of wrong perspective": did
> you quantify the minimum distance between the complex and the box? How
> big is it, if not 8 Angstrom?
>
> Jan-Philip
>
> On 11/08/2011 06:24 PM, Senthil Natesan wrote:
> > Dear Amber Users,
> >
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I am trying to solvateOCT a protein-ligand complex, but the minimum
> distance between
> > the complex and the solvent box edge seems to be not holding at the
> expected level (8 A)
> > The protein-ligand complex is almost touching the box edge (pls see the
> attached image)
> > though I get the proper solvation with solvateBox.
> >

> > The command used is
> >

> > solvateOct complex TIP3PBOX 8.0
> >
> > I am not sure what is wrong ? your suggestions/comments will be
> appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Senthil Natesan

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Wright-Rieman Hall 101
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     610 Taylor Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu