Re: [AMBER] Installation of amber11 on the latest Ubuntu 64bit

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:53:57 -0500

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Qinghua Liao <fantasticqhl.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Prof. Case,
>
> I still failed to build ambertools-1.5 on my computer after resetting the
> config.h as what you told me. Could you give me a little bit explanation on
> " It's worth starting over from
> scratch in a fresh directory", I just don't know how to scratch. Thanks
> very much!

Delete your whole amber11 directory. Extract a fresh copy of
Amber11.tar.bz2 and AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2. That is how Jan-Philip fixed
his problems.

However, you still have to make the changes Dave suggested in your
configure script to get xleap to compile correctly.

HTH,
Jason

> Best Regards,
>
> Qinghua
> Ph.D. student
> Juelich Research Center
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu
> >wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 07, 2011, Qinghua Liao wrote:
> > >
> > > I am trying to install amber11 and ambertools-1.5 on ubuntu 64 bit,
> but I
> > > failed. I can do the configure successfully without any errors except
> the
> > > X11, however I installed the xorg-dev package just as the instruction.
> > The
> > > attached file is generated from ./configure gnu, and here are the
> output
> > of
> > > the ./configure gnu:
> > >
> > > Could not find the X11 libraries; you may need to edit config.h
> > > to set the XHOME and XLIBS variables.
> >
> > Try setting these in your config.h, then type "make install":
> >
> > XHOME= /usr
> > XLIBS= =L/usr/lib/x64_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib
> > MAKE_XLEAP=install_xleap
> >
> > Others can comment about the netcdf problems you report. They seem to
> > arise
> > from some unexpected order of compilation. It's worth starting over from
> > scratch in a fresh directory.
> >
> > ...dac

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida