Re: [AMBER] problem of installation of amber 11 on ubuntu

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:34:20 -0500

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011, Qinghua Liao wrote:

> I just mentioned that I could not install amber11 and ambertools-1.5
> on > ubuntu, then I tried amber11 and ambertools-1.4. Surprisingly, I
> installed > ambertools-1.4 successfully, but there is one problem of the
> bugfix. Right now all these bugfix for amber11 on the website can only
> applied to amber11 together with ambertools-1.5.

This is correct: if you want the latest bugfixes, you need to be running
AmberTools 1.5. So the best course (if you indeed _need_ the very latest
amber code) is to get AmberTools 1.5 installed on your machine. You
might state which version of ubuntu you have. (I use ubuntu, but can't
reproduce the problem you report.)

...dac