Re: [AMBER] Installation of amber11 on the latest Ubuntu 64bit

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:26:56 -0500

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011, Qinghua Liao wrote:

> I am trying to install amber11 and ambertools-1.5 on ubuntu 64 bit, but I
> failed. I can do the configure successfully without any errors except the
> X11, however I installed the xorg-dev package just as the instruction. The
> attached file is generated from ./configure gnu, and here are the output of
> the ./configure gnu:
>
> Could not find the X11 libraries; you may need to edit config.h
> to set the XHOME and XLIBS variables.

Try setting these in your config.h, then type "make install":

XHOME= /usr
XLIBS= =L/usr/lib/x64_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib
MAKE_XLEAP=install_xleap

Others can comment about the netcdf problems you report. They seem to arise
from some unexpected order of compilation. It's worth starting over from
scratch in a fresh directory.

...dac