Re: [AMBER] How to keep Graphene sheet fixed during MD simulation.

From: hai wei <weihy61.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:30:12 +0800

Dear Case£º

DO I have to set *nscm=0 *in the control. Since I am reading one of the
old post, says that "*One thing to try is *
*> make sure you set nscm=0 when doing Belly runs*"

***> *
*> I thought I would add my 2c to this discussion. Firstly I just want to
give *
*> a caution with regards to the use of ibelly. That is that you really not
use *
*> it!!! It simply zeros the forces and is in no way correct or physical. *
*> Especially if you start doing things like NPT simulations with it. In
this *
*> case your virial will be wrong, you pressure will be wrong and thus your
*
*> density will be wrong. If you must restrain things then you should
probably *
*> use harmonic restraints. *
*> *
*> Note, things like seeing a 200K temperature drop on the first step makes
*
*> sense with using belly for such a huge portion of your syste, If you are
*
*> starting from a restart file where things were not frozen and then you *
*> suddenly freeze a chunk of it you have just magically destroyed a ton of
*
*> kinetic energy... *
*> *
*> With regards to the problems you are seeing this could be because of all
*
*> sorts of issues including trying to do NPT with ibelly. One thing to try
is *
*> make sure you set nscm=0 when doing Belly runs, Sander may be doing this
*
*> while pmemd is not. Second make sure you do not try to use langevin
dynamics *
*> (ntt=3) with ibelly since it will likely not work. *
*> *
*> All the best *
*> Ross *

THanks.