Re: [AMBER] 1JFF Antechamber, LEaP problems

From: Matthew D Antalek <mantale1.binghamton.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:47:45 -0500

Dear Francois,

    Thank you for the suggestion. I have a couple of other questions about
using the building block approach as you suggested. What exactly do you
mean by "design this BD and the charge constraints used during the charge
fitting step..."? I'm planning on performing MD simulations of taxol with
PEG of different lengths linked with a few different photoaffinity labels.
Is this approach more efficient than recalculating the charges for each
large molecule? I think that I would probably just be breaking up the
molecule into three parts: taxol, the PEG chain, and the photo affinity
label. Would that method be acceptable or should I try to break up the
molecule even further?

Also, I have another question related to what I'm doing at the moment. I'm
on the second step of tutorial
B4<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/>and the calculation
has been running for over 3 hours on my desktop (Fedora
v15, Intel Core i5 2500K (3.3GHz), and 16 GB RAM) and it's still going.
I've checked the sqm.out file several times over the past hour and it
hasn't moved beyond 1250 iterations. I don't know if this is normal or if I
incorrectly set one of the parameters. I'll attach the most recent sqm.out
file. I'm trying to generate parameters for the structure that I attached
in previous emails.

Thanks everyone,
Matt