[AMBER] 256 CPUs restriction in AmberMD?

From: Garo Garabedyan <g.a.garabedyan.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:06:57 +0200

Hello,
  Are you aware of restrictions in the AmberMD code (like hardcoded max
number of) about parallel CPUs to 256? The admin of Blue Gene/P here in
Bulgaria have said to me that there is such restriction and, thus, AmberMD
uses at most 50% of the minimal amount of 512 CPUs for task on Blue Gene/P.
  In case you are familiar with the above restriction, can you advise me is
it a good practice to increase it to 512 or more. What are the motives
behind such a hardcoded restriction.

*Fathfully yours, eng. Garo Garabedyan*

Telephone 089 59-59-703
garabedyan.wordpress.com

Sofia, Bulgaria

P Please, consider the environment before printing this email
- I donate spare PC resources to download and compute tasks from the World
Community Grid for projects that benefit humanity. You can, too.