Re: [AMBER] distribution of selected water

From: Bruno Rodrigues <bbrodrigues.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:51:32 -0200

I think the code works like this (correct me if I'm wrong)

You define a mask, e.g., 3A from the solute. Then these molecules which are
within this region at the 1st frame are labeled to calculate the diffusion.
But they will fly away at the course of the simulation.

So you will end up with a diffusion value for a molecule that was within 3A
at the begin but certainly won't be there later on. I've tested many masks
for my system, DNA in water, and no matter how thin I define the mask from
the solute, I still get the bulk value, which is incorrect, as diffusion is
much smaller closer to any molecule.

Do you think cpptraj can overcome this problem and re-label the molecules
every frame?