Re: [AMBER] iron sulphur cluster parametrization

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:19:18 +0100

Francesco,

> So I guess I can use the avalaible CHARMM parameters.

I would test and demonstrate that these CHARMM parameters work in
association with the Amber FF you wish to use.

>>> I've been running GAMESS-US, both as stand-alone and RED-server, but it
>>> fails to converge both with or without geometry optimization.
>>
>> When? at the first optimization step?
>
> Yes, it stops at the first stage, but I guess the problem cames from
> bad charge-multiplicity couple I gave.

- If you provide a bad multiplicity value or a bad charge value the QC
code will crash reporting something like 'the number of electrons and
spin multiplicity provided are not compatible'

- If you have a problem of SCF convergence this likely means that your
input structure is bad or that the wavefunction cannot be determined
for the spin multiplicity chosen.

> I submitted a new run using Gaussian 2009 with the RESP-X1 (B3LYP/6-31*)
> charge model.
> I will report the outcome on the mailing list....

If you want to test another QM theory level, just ask us: we do want
to implement _user defined options_ in R.E.D. Server Development. We
can easily create a specific submission procedure to your problem.

regards, Francois