Re: [AMBER] Energy output when using ibelly

From: Ignacio J. General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:13:38 -0400

Thanks for all the answers. But I am still not sure of the following:

1) Does EELEC include the whole Ewald energy of the system, that is
including 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4 interactions?
2) Is 1-4EEL the negative of the 1-4 interactions, not including 1-2 and 1-3?

But is the 2 points above are correct, how do you get the total
electrostatic energy? Adding EELEC and 1-4EEL will give the total
electrostatic, including 1-2 and 1-3, but not 1-4 interactions, when
all that we want is total without 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4, right? Or am I
missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Ignacio