Re: [AMBER] alpha 2-3 Sialyllactose in GLYCAM,

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:06:48 +0200

Hi:
What Oliver says abou -COOH group is very much correct but I am only afraid
that, can sugar molecules be charged in physiological condition ?. Just to
clear the condition, I am running MD of protein complexed with this
saccharides. I am using modeled structure
(A-D-Neu5Ac-(2-3)-B-D-Galp-(1-4)-B-D-Glcp-(1-1)-OH) of ligand as such. Yes I
added counter ions to balance the charge in complex. Do you think this makes
sense ? I can not see anything strange in simulation but the question is if
having charges sugar is not a theoretical mistake. Whats you opinion on this
? ? If its not correct, then I would like to ask how to generate ensemble
averaged charges for the neutral sugar.

Sincerely
mish