[AMBER] SYBYL to GAFF atom types

From: David Cantu <cantudav.amber.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:36:52 -0500

Dear Amber Users and Developers,

I am preparing a substrate. I optimized the structure with Gamess, and
converted the Gamess output into a mol2 file using OBabel. The mol2 file has
SYBYL atom types after the xyz coordinates. I now need antechamber to read
this, and convert it to Gaff atom types.

I tried:

antechamber -i file.mol2 -if mol2 -o file-1.mol2 -fo mol2
And it did convert to Gaff types, but the bond types were not kept!

I can go in and manually edit the file, or can antechamber be used for this
(ie atomtype command)?

Or, can I load the mol2 with SYBYL atom types directly into Xleap with GAFF?

Thanks,

David