Re: [AMBER] selective qmshake?

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:03:43 +0200

Hey

you are right, what you want to do is not doable through the qm/mm
interface as is. qm shake will do ALL heavy-H bonds in the qm region, no
choice for the user.

Option 1 is 'doable' but yu can get in tons of trouble !

Option 2 seems like a lot of work.

let me suggest option 3. Add a strong distance restraint between the
atom that you want 'shaken'. You need to play a bit with this, because a
too-large force constant will destroy the integrator, and one too soft
will do nothing useful.

Adrian

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg