Re: [AMBER] problem with addIons in tleap

From: Thomas Cheatham III <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:33:59 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

> I used AmberTools 1.2 / tleap to generate this some time ago. But also
> tried using 1.5 recently. It behaved the same. The topology file is
> too big to send by email (this is a big system). Instead, I attached a
> figure to show what is going on. Red dots are waters. Cyan and blue
> balls are ions.

Clearly the ion distribution is not good/reasonable. What I do to get
around this behavior, albeit it slower, is to add fewer ions at a time...

> The input for tleap as follows:
>
> source leaprc.ff03
> source leaprc.GLYCAM_06
> X = loadpdb 3ije_mod.pdb
> solvateBox X TIP3PBOX 15
> addIons X Na+ 241 Cl- 203

addIons X Na+ 0

addIons X Na+ 5 Cl- 5
addIons X Na+ 5 Cl- 5
addIons X Na+ 5 Cl- 5
addIons X Na+ 5 Cl- 5

Best behavior is if 1 atom is added at a time...

addIons X Na+ 1 Cl- 1

(which you would do 203 times).

--tec3