Re: [AMBER] ptraj closest water

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:19:20 -0400

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to produce only one new.pdb file?

If your intent is to create a single PDB file containing all of your
frames you can either write a script that will concatenate all of your
PDB files into a single file separated with MODEL X and ENDMDL
keywords, or just use cpptraj (this is the default way cpptraj writes
out PDB files).

If your intent is to only write 1 frame, you need to specify that in
your trajin command - numeric arguments are not processed for trajout
commands:

trajin prod_2ns.mdcrd 1 1
trajout test.pdb pdb

If you want to write out your entire trajectory as netcdf AND write
only 1 frame of PDB, you need to use cpptraj and the 'onlyframes'
keyword:

trajin prod_2ns.mdcrd
trajout test.pdb pdb onlyframes 1
trajout prod_closest_WAT_2.mdcrd netcdf

This will create a PDB file containing only the first frame from
prod_2ns.mdcrd, as well as the specified output netcdf trajectory
containing all frames. Note that cpptraj does not use the "solvent"
command (right now solvent is assumed to be named :WAT so your script
should still run fine in cpptraj).

> Furthermore, if the working directory contains other trajectories (e.g. prod_4ns, prod_6ns, etc.), the script scans them all - although they are not specified in the first line of the script. Any suggestions why so?

This should not happen. Are you executing this as part of a larger
shell script? The trajin command of ptraj should only process the file
it is given. If you can, please post your entire ptraj output as an
attachment.

-Dan