Re: [AMBER] installation of ambertools-- help

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:31:43 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Nyla Zaman <nyla.zaman.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Obtaining the C++ compiler version:
>      g++ -v
> The version is
> ./configure_at: line 509: [: too many arguments
> OK

I think that this error actually is a problem with 'sh' as opposed to
g++. What is the output when you type 'll /bin/sh'? My guess is that
it's not pointing to bash. The configure script is supposed to be 100%
sh compliant but sometimes bash-like syntax makes it in there. At any
rate, as long as you have g++ installed you should be OK.

> Configuring netcdf; (may be time-consuming)
>
> netcdf configure returned 127
> NETCDF configure failed!  Check the netcdf_config.log file

This is the real problem. Have you actually checked netcdf_config.log
in "$AMBERHOME/src"? Can you please post it as an attachment?

-Dan