Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA calculation in complex with Membrane

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:09:32 -0400

Those residues include water and all ions supported by Amber that are usually removed during the MMGBSA process. Special residues such as your membrane residues must be specified by the user since we, as the developers, would not be able to predict those residue names. The default strip_mask is intended as a likely mask for most users.

I hope that answers your question.

-Bill

On Jul 17, 2011, at 7:33 PM, "徐见容" <gjtigergj.163.com> wrote:

> Great, Bill.
>
> Your suggestion works well. Thanks a lot.
>
> So, the problem is POP residues cannot be dealt with in MMPBSA calculation.
>
> I read the manual which says strip_mask (DEFAULT=":WAT:Cl-:CIO:Cs+:IB:K+:Li+:MG2:Na+:Rb+"). Then, I want to know, why these residues should be stripped from the mdcrd files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Janker
>

> 2011-07-18
>

> 徐见容