Re: [AMBER] Regarding "Total unperturbed charge: -0.507900" on CYP1A1

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:26:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> I have prepared the protein-Heme-substrate complex. After adding TIP3
> WaterBox, the whole system is showing "*Total unperturbed charge:
> -0.507900
> *".
> Can you please suggest me, whether I shall proceed with -0.507 charge on
> protein complex or with ~ +0.5 charge by adding one Na+ ?

this message is an indication that something went wrong during your system
setup, most likely connected to the heme parameters or linkage to the
protein. A non-integer charge system makes no sense to simulate in my
opinion, as it does not correspond to a physically existing state. I would
investigate if your partial charges are really assigned ok.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the