Re: [AMBER] Edit prmtop file

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:48:59 +0100

How about simply writing a pdb with one less water (mod.pdb) and then use
leap, e.g. on tleap (after loading ff):

mol _ loadpdb mod.pdb
saveamberparm mol mod.parm mod.rst

( _ should be equals sign)

Marc
On 13 Jul 2011 09:38, "Paul Mortenson" <P.Mortenson.astex-therapeutics.com>
wrote:
> Dear AMBER users,
>
> I have a prmtop file corresponding to an explicitly solvated protein,
> and I would like to create a second prmtop file that is near identical,
> but has exactly one fewer water molecules. I have been using the rdparm
> program to do this, via the "stripwater" command, and it works fine when
> the solvent is TIP3P, but not TIP4P - rdparm fails to recognise the
> presence of any waters in this case. I have tested this for rdparm from
> AMBER9, and also from AmberTools 1.5.
>
> I have looked through the AmberTools manual, and cpptraj claims to be
> able to write modified prmtop files, but with the caveat that they are
> only suitable for visualisation, not simulation. I need to be able to
> pass my modified prmtop file to sander.
>
> Is there a way of doing this without having to write some code to modify
> the prmtop file myself?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> Disclaimer
> This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information
intended solely for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed
except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not review, use, disclose, copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify Astex Therapeutics Ltd by emailing
P.Mortenson.astex-therapeutics.com and destroy all copies of the message and
any attached documents.
> Astex Therapeutics Ltd monitors, controls and protects all its messaging
traffic in compliance with its corporate email policy. The Company accepts
no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails
and attachments having left the Astex Therapeutics domain. Unless expressly
stated, opinions in this message are those of the individual sender and not
of Astex Therapeutics Ltd. The recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of computer viruses. Astex Therapeutics Ltd
accepts no liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email. E-mail is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized
amendment, and tampering, Astex Therapeutics Ltd only send and receive
e-mails on the basis that the Company is not liable for any such alteration
or any consequences thereof.
> Astex Therapeutics Ltd., Registered in England at 436 Cambridge Science
Park, Cambridge CB4 0QA under number 3751674