Re: [AMBER] Ala double mutation scans

From: Dwight McGee <dwight.mcgee.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:36:58 -0400

Hi,

Ptraj does not make the mutant mdcrd. The module alamdcrd.py creates the
mutant mdcrd. A more advanced way (if you want a stand-alone program) to
create a mutant mdcrd would be to use the program *make_crd.hg*, which is a
program used by the perl version of MMPBSA. You will need to create a file
called *make_crd.in*. I have attached an example of the format of the input.
You can refer to the Amber Manual and look in the MMPBSA perl version
section to understand what certain variables are like, *for example,
MUTANT_ATOM1* and the other variables should be self explanatory. The
program make_crd.hg will instead create coordinate files instead of a mdcrd,
so you can easily create a shell script that will write a ptraj input to *
trajin* all the coordinate files and *trajout* one mdcrd for you. Hope that
helps