Re: [AMBER] Different trajectories with different RMSD with changing the parameters of gamma_ln, taup, timesteps and extend of density equilibration

From: Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:46:56 -0500

Dear Prof. Cheatham,

Thank you very much for ur reply. Now I got more idea about MD.

Also one more doubt, how can I make sure that the system reached
equilibration? My systems contains 437 res and 14500 water molecules.
When I checked the density of the system its close to 0.99 or 0.98
always.. So I thought it equilibrated very well..If the system doesnt
reach the equlibration stage, how can I know that....?

  Is 2ns equilibration is sufficient..?

Now I m going to do a number of simulations taking into account ur
suggestions....

I will consider these changes as u mentioned.. taup = 0.2 for
equlibration, cut=9A and forcefield changes....

" [Instabilities could also result from the force field; I would
>suggest
> ff99SB + parmbsc0 for the protein-DNA]. "

can use SO Can I use FF10 forcefield? I have seen from Amber 11 manual
that FF10 includes both of these...

Thank you very much for ur reply...

Thanks