Re: [AMBER] Amber11 using MPICH (parallel install problem)

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:08:39 +0200

Thank a lot. configure_mpich2 worked really well but the problem I have now
is something strange. I can see some reports about it earlier but no
solution or further discussion in the post. Also in my sace sander.MPI works
well when I test it for one thread:
sander.MPI -O -i mdt1.in -o md1.out -p disach4.top -c optim1_5.rst -x
test.trj

then it works. when i use it with mpiexec fir 5 thread in a pbs it produces
error :

mpiexec_deca12-2.cmp.mnx.jp: cannot connect to local mpd
(/tmp/mpd2.console_mish); possible causes:
  1. no mpd is running on this host
  2. an mpd is running but was started without a "console" (-n option)
In case 1, you can start an mpd on this host with:
    mpd &
and you will be able to run jobs just on this host.
For more details on starting mpds on a set of hosts, see
the MPICH2 Installation Guide.

What could be the possible mistake ?

Sincerely
Mish