Re: [AMBER] ptraj analysis problems - protein leaving the box

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:06:18 -0400

Hi,

When dealing with molecules that have separated during the course of a
simulation due to wrapping (such as when 2 strands of DNA separate), I
often find I have to do more than 1 set of center/image commands to
get things back together - it makes sense if you think about it for a
bit, but I know that I personally find it hard to wrap my mind around
the idea of imaging sometimes (no pun intended I swear).

I'm assuming that 1-368 includes both monomers, so that 1-184 is
monomer 1 and 185-368 is monomer 2. I'm also assuming you have a
truncated octahedral box (hence use of the 'familiar' keyword). Try
this:
center :1-184 origin mass
image center origin familiar
center :1-368 origin mass
image center origin familiar

I would run a short (i.e. trajin B7noWATnoNa200nsvsbound.mdcrd.gz 1 1)
test run with these commands (along with a trajout) to see if the
imaging was performed correctly before you run the larger calculation.
Let me know if you have any more problems. Good luck!

-Dan