Re: [AMBER] segmentation fault on tleap

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:02:40 -0400

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011, Giorgos Lamprinidis wrote:

> Now i have a new computer running Fedora core 15 (64bit).

Fedora 15 was released on 24 May 2011, after the release of AmberTools 1.5.
As you can see from searching the mailing list archives, there are a number
of problems related to Amber, especially (only?) for the 64-bit version.
We are trying to get Amber developers to set up virtual machines with this OS,
in order to get at the problems, which (plausibly) are related to the very
recent version of gcc that is being used.

I think the seg fault you report with AT1.2 is indeed fixed in more recent
versions, but the latter don't seem to compile with Fedora 15. Others can
post their experience here, but I don't have any simple workaround.

You indicate that you still have a older pc, so I hope you can use AmberTools
there, then copy the files to the new machine for running sander or pmemd.
One thing to try is to see if downgrading the compiler will help: use gcc4.5
instead of gcc4.6.

...dac