Re: [AMBER] software assistance

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:54:18 -0600

Hi Joe,

You can see the tutorials page at http://ambermd.org/tutorials. The Amber11 package has the molecular dynamics engines that most people use in their studies. You can do some basic MD using AmberTools by writing a NAB program (implicit solvent) or using mdgx (explicit solvent).

However, larger systems and longer simulations will benefit from the high performance amber MD engine or the wide array of options in sander.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate