Re: [AMBER] installing ambertools

From: Lachele Foley (Lists) <"Lachele>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:54:09 -0400

I just had this happen to me. In case anyone else happens onto this
thread, I think I can explain.

Amber needs several packages that Ubuntu doesn't automatically
install. The first notable one is csh, but flex is among them (bzlib
dev, zlib dev, xorg dev, and maybe others). I found them all by
repeatedly running "./configure gnu" and installing the relevant
packages until the configure script stopped complaining that it
couldn't find this or that. By that time, however, something in the
configuration had gotten confused.

The fix for me was:

# make clean
# ./configure gnu
# make install

The complaint about double* and double*[] still flew past, but wasn't
involved in a failure to install.

:-) L

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 2:56 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2011, Michael Forrester wrote:
>
>> while trying to install ambertools I get the following error. Any ideas on a
>> fix?
>> In file included from sff.c:2278:0:
>> mm_options.l: In function ‘mmolex’:
>> mm_options.l:31:9: error: ‘hcp_h’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>

> Looks like you are using AmberTools1.4 (?)  If so, it might be worth an upgrade.
> Or, did you unpack AmberTools1.5 on top of a previous installation of version
> 1.4?  Be sure you don't any old versions of lex.mm_options.c or
> lex.mm_options.o lying around.  If there are, get rid of all lex*.c files and
> try again.
>
> If the above ideas don't help, please provide some additional information:
> What options did you give to the configure script?  What OS and compilers are
> you using?  In particular, what is the result of typing "flex --version"?
>
> ...dac

:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley
CCRC/UGA